The Center for Quantum Networks (Hy-Q), led by Professor Peter Lodahl, will develop quantum physical objects that have never yet existed in the physical world. The ambition is to pave the way for the first quantum internet in the world, a completely unbreakable network that will transform the way we communicate today.
You are hereby invited to the official opening of the Center for Hybrid Quantum Networks (Hy-Q), which will take place 17 September 2018 in the Festauditoriet at the Faculty of SCIENCE, University of Copenhagen.
With the opening of the new research center, the quest is to push the limits for the size and complexity of such quantum networks. If Peter Lodahl succeeds, the ultimate result will be a quantum internet that will transform the ways of communication, and potentially could create new solutions to societal challenges such as energy and security. Read more about the visions for the new center here.
Programme of the day:
- 13:00-13:10 Welcome by Henrik C. Wegener, Rector of University of Copenhagen
- 13:10-13:20 Liselotte Højgaard, Chair of the board of the Danish National Research Foundation
- 13:20-13:30 John Renner, Dean, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen
- 13:30-13.45 Peter Lodahl, Director of Hy-Q, University of Copenhagen
- 13:45-14:00 Stephanie Wehner, Professor and Roadmap Leader of Quantum Internet Alliance, Delft University of Technology
- 14:00-14:15 Anders Søndborg Sørensen, Professor, University of Copenhagen
- 14:15-16:00 Reception
Deadline for registration is 1 September 2018 at email@example.comRead more here