On August 20-22 2018, Copenhagen will have the honor of hosting the 6th international conference on Preventing Overdiagnosis. Overdiagnosis is a serious medical problem, that can happen when patients get a diagnosis they do not need and are given unnecessary medical treatment for problems that will never harm them.
The Preventing Overdiagnosis Conference 2018, taking place at the Panum building at the University of Copenhagen, focuses on how physicians, researchers and patients can implement solutions to the problem of overdiagnosis and overuse in the heathcare system.
The themes of this year’s conference will cover:
- De-implementation and the Challenge of Tackling Overdiagnosis at the Level of the Consultation
- Turning Citizens Into Patients Unnecessarily
- The Impact of Power Driven Overdiagnosis: The Role of Regulators & Health Authorities
- Overdiagnosis 2.0 (Technology)
- Psychiatry and Overdiagnosis
- The Role of Risk Factors in Overdiagnosis
The conference is a platform for delegates to learn how to avoid waste, use best practice when communicating and engaging with patients and the public, and achieve a better understanding of the benefits of shared decision making within the constraints of modern practice.
Registrations for the conference is open now.
Read more and Sign up HERE